Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NO FUTURE

I was tasked with creating another font recently but based off an existing typeface. My first instinct was to work with Futura as it's my favorite. When thinking of the future I tend to think that it's going to be bleak so I figured a more deconstructed version of Futura was in order. Unlike most projects where I brainstorm and sketch five billion ideas, I immediately knew how I wanted it to look and I jumped right in head first. At the same time that I was working on this project, the ass hat U.S. government was officially shut down. Our leaders are running this country into the ground which inspired me to relate it to that event, hence the image behind. No future was only fitting for the name of the type.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels