Friday, December 19, 2014

PAPER SKILLS

One of the classes I took a year or so ago at WSU was Graphic Materials and Processes. That's pretty much a fancy name for a paper folding class. I made some really fun stuff that spruces up my portfolio a notch or two and I learned a lot about how to professionally fold, glue and build in 3D.



Yet I never really thought it would be applicable to a career unless I went into package designing, which is probably slim to none. But last week I built some handy dandy little Christmas signs for work that were a heck of a lot more professional looking due to that class and the teachings of my professor Jeff Pulaski. I suppose it just goes to show that you shouldn't write things off so quickly, even if it feels like arts and crafts fluff fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels