Friday, December 2, 2011

UNDER THE COUCH

I just did something that I have never done before. It's one in the morning and I was looking for my phone charger in the dark living room. I knew where it was, under the couch. Without a second thought, I reached into the blackness and fished about until I found it.

Beneath the couch... in the pitch black living room... where the deepest shadows reside.

Maybe I'm not making this clear.

I just blindly jammed my meaty mitts under there! This is a place that horror movies use quite often for scenes of terror. Maybe a mutant freak was going to harmlessly watch us sleep but I spooked him into a murderous rage? Possibly a zombie plague infected baboon, loose from a government lab, was taking refuge? What if a flesh eating space slug was lurking below or a satanic clown?

OK, OK. There might have been a fat hairy spider or something. I watch too many movies.

It's still creepy though damn it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels