Wednesday, December 21, 2011

WHITE ROOM

I'm driving in my truck with two girls, both in their twenties. The conversation is light and flowing. Our chatter turns towards the interesting names that some artists give their studios and what we would all name our own. I then proceed to explain why I would name mine "The Station."

ME
"I'm naming mine The Station because the whole thing is completely white. As my brother and I were painting it, the song White Room by Cream popped into my head. We sang it heartily and it just fit! I'm totally going to hang black curtains up too."

GIRLS
(blank stares)

ME
"You know…"
(
I begin to sing terribly)
"In the white room, with back curtains, near the station…"

GIRLS
(silence)

ME
You know… Eric Clapton?

GIRL IN BACK SEAT
Yah, I've heard my dad play that.

ME
(awkward laugh)

The awkward moment came and went and the conversation rolled on without a hitch. I just felt like sharing that little bit of sadness.



That song fucking rules.
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels