Thursday, August 16, 2012

DILDO BUSH

Last semester I had a basic intro art class, Foundation 3-D Design. In said class we worked with everything from wood to plaster. On one of our earlier projects we had a choice between 4 different concepts /mediums. Everyone in class, and I do mean everyone, chose to do these cute little figurines made of Sculpey. Now of course I always choose a different path so I picked an entirely different task. My project required that I take a flexible semi-enclosed object and fill it with something that changes its form. Like filling a shirt with sand and molding it into something odd. Now before you scoff, this project wasn't my best work by any means. I just thought it was funny. Let me jump right to the final product then I'll explain more.


Yep, that's a dildo bush alright, sitting on my stove. It's not an intricate piece so I won't even attempt to bore you with trivial details. I simply filled colorful condoms (flavored I might add) with ping pong balls and attached them to a red wooden block. How's that for art. Bah!

Filling the condoms sucked. You try taking a slimy, flaccid, hard to hold onto, easily tear-able tube and shove little smooth spheres into it. But it got a good laugh when I unveiled it in class and that's all that I really wanted. Poke fun at the art institution? Yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels