Monday, August 25, 2014

SUMMER OF SWEAT

Wow, the last time I posted a blog was on Jun 5, 2014. Time really flies when you're... short on time? Anyways, this summer was hectic indeed. I won't barf all of it up in one blog but how about just the top three.

New nine-to-fiver as a sign painter
Yep, I now lay paint to wood to create signage. Sometimes it's hand lettering with a fine brush and others it's by stencil and airbrush. It's actually given me quite a lot of ideas for pieces and prints and I get to paint all day which isn't half bad.



My brother and I launched a Kickstarter campaign
Spearheaded by my brother, we have launched a fundraiser to help us start a photo business. But not just any clicky-clicky studio, our backbone is that we will use a high definition aerial drone and support it with ground based imagery. Can you imagine the rad stuff I can video or take a pic of with a flying freaking camera and multiple angles? Click here to jump over to our Kickstarter campaign just in case you want more info or possibly have the desire to assist us to reach our goal. Time is in fact running out but... no pressure or anything.



Brickmob is growing
I have yet to post anything online before this other than the occasional vague Facebook update that I'm working on a clothing concept. I initially wanted to play the whole thing close to the chest just in case all the parts didn't line up. But the gears are really falling into place and it's time to start tapping the vein. The quick synopsis:


Brickmob is a clothing company with it's premiere article of clothing being tactically designed and hyper stylized hoodies based around the graffiti artist, guerrilla art and freedom of expression fueled by the generally pissed off 99%. Each hoodie has a mask to help deter fumes, overspray, the elements and maintain anonymity. There will also be pockets designed to hold aerosol cans but usable for anything from water to Molotov's, though I don't officially condone the latter. It's meant to help art thrive by any means necessary and look good doing. All art will be hand printed by real artists and a portion of the proceeds will go to a charity that has yet to be determined, preferably urban and/or art concerned.

That should do it for now. There will be more to come on all of this and so much more! Oh and I'll also try not to suck and disappear for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels