Wednesday, September 21, 2011

SPARKLE MOTION

As I sat in the stands, watching my daughter Alex cheer at football game last weekend, I got to do a decent amount of people watching. One thing I always take notice of is fashion and trends. I you're thinking that's girlie or gay, bite me. I like ripping on or applauding what people wear, even if I wear some weird stuff myself.

The style that was pretty overwhelming was the amount of ornate shiny crosses and fleur de lis' adorned with rhinestones. On purses, jeans, hats and tons of shirts... they were plastered from head to toe! Its not just girls that want to shimmer but dudes as well. Sparkly jeans with glittery shirts and gaudy graphics. Rhinestone dildos as far as the eye can see. It's terrible. I don't see it much on campus though so it must be mainly for aging hipsters desperately trying to look cool.

My bet is that Twilight is to blame. Everyone wants to be an emo, sparkly, ass-clown, vampire. Bad hair included.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels