Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WEEDS

I absolutely love my new house. It has an amazing amount of land and yet it's fairly close to downtown. In fact, it has roughly 20,000 square feet of land which is just under half an acre, give or take. As awesome as all that space is for growing food, hosting parties and running around like a moron, that amount territory comes at a price. Some poor sap has to maintain it all.

The previous owner, rest her soul, had poor health during the last few years of her life. Hence, the back yard that she used to love and keep in pristine order with a full veggie and flower garden has since turned into a massive weed farm. I'm not using the word massive just to describe the quantity of bastard plants that have taken root, but their height as well. These bad boys are huge.

Once I've yanked, machete slashed and weed whacked them all, I'll have a handle on the yard. But boy, what a chore the initial eradication is. I now know why the previous owners husband ran a lawn mower blade business out of this place. He probably spent most of his time slaving away at that yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels