Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BLACK FRIDAY

Black Friday is a day of disgusting consumerism and the glorification of greed. The little guy wastes all of his hard earned money on crap he doesn't need. All that dough just goes right back into fat cat pockets. We are just paying back our bosses all their money. Think about it. If I go buy something I am giving money to the owner of that companies. It might not be my boss specifically but it's someones. At the same time there is someone out there paying my boss otherwise I wouldn't have my current day job. So we are all giving back our money en masse to make sure management stays richer than us. See the cycle? We are losing my friends.

It is just sickening. What is worse is that I, for the first time in my life, partook in Black Friday. I tried to go two hours before midnight on Thanksgiving but the lines were blacks long. I then heard that some people had been camping out for days. Are you serious?! Just to save a few bucks? People are just dying to waste their paychecks and feed the greed machine.

I went back Friday morning to finish up my shopping and still got decent savings. Now I might have gotten lower prices, but at what cost? I helped Best Buy's bank account grow. I bought a TV and a monitor which were both foreign made. So I just robbed America and I blew a portion of my saved greenbacks. I'm not wealthy so I have to take the good deals when I can but I still hate it. I have boycotted Wal-Mart for more than 10 years now but is Best Buy so different? After all, it's still just a greedy corporation.

I guess it's part of being born into capitalism and I should try to accept it. Every time I turn on my big shiny new flat screen I do smile because it's freaking awesome to watch movies and play games in what is almost my own personal theater. Just know that behind that glee is the stinging sensation of guilt and disgust. I realize that I am a whore and I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels