Saturday, March 3, 2012

CAROUSEL

Sitting solo on the side of the rink, I observe the chaos. Droves of little kids gleefully squeeling with wheels strapped to they rubbery legs. They try so deperately not to lose their balance and topple to their rumps. With every fall I choke back a giggle. The parents converse about trivil topics and crack fake smiles to one another. Decked in their dated and hideous garb, they mindlessly nod their heads to the pop garbage blarring overhead. I'd play video games but all that is working is skeeball and hoops.

Normally I would be internally screaming in this little pocket of hell, but today is different. I gleefully sip my slurpee with a mountainous grin. Why? Because my daughter is having a blast with her friends at a birthday party. That massive smile of hers makes all the rest fade into the background. Plus, Alex and I wailed at skeeball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels