Friday, May 3, 2013

SARAH'S FATE

This semester in my Typography class, we had a few moderately entertaining projects. One of which was where we had to design our own modular type and use it in a poster with some sort of quote/ I sketched out about 20 different styles and narrowed it down to my favorite two which were both pretty geometric. I finally decided to go with the blocky type as it had more order, structure and it was easier to read. Anyways, here are the final two typeface concepts.


After our typefaces were done, we had to find a quote to use along with it. For some reason I immediately associated the Terminator with my font. They're both solid, cold and accented by miniscule amounts of red, mine with little squares and Terminator with its ominous red eyes. The quote that always stands out the most is one I really like.
"The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
I knew I wanted to use an accompanying image so I began by using one of the terminator. As cool as the ole termi' looked, it didn't fit as well seeing as it was a human who recited this phrase. So I then went with the bad ass version of Sarah Connor from T2 and she worked quite well. Anyhow, check it out!




P.S. I just noticed that I haven't posted anything for almost three full months! I do apologize and I'll try not to let the busyness of college, art projects, family and good old fashioned laziness keep me from posting new work and randomness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels