Saturday, February 16, 2013

LIFESTYLES RAW MIX

In my graphic design 2 class during the 2012 fall semester at WSU, I was tasked with creating two playlists consisting of twelve tracks that related to each other. One playlist had songs that were based around photography and the other around sex, two of my all time favorite things! After which we were told to choose one of those playlists and create a full on CD. So I went with the one that I thought might stir up the most commotion and that would most definitely be the most fun to create, sex.

My first idea was to get really dirty and risque. I made over forty concept sketches ranging from the abstract to close up images of a throbbing member. I have had one that was a close up drawing of a bunghole. Yep, I went there. When I presented all my sketches to the class everyone freaked out and went silent! The girls blushed and the guys fidgeted in their seats all while the teacher crapped on the entire idea. What the hell is wrong with these people? I thought I was in college, the land of open-minds and unadulterated fun. But alas, I forget that I'm currently residing in boring, religious and uber conservative Kansas all during an era of gutless emo weenies.

Eventually I toned it way down and themed the project as if I had been contracted by the condom manufacturer, Lifestyles. I used self shot images of a flavored condom and my wife Nicky's sexy panty line. I hand cut, glued and folded the CD container instead of standard old boring CD jewel case. I always though the paper CD's were more interesting and artsy feeling anyways. Since it was all hand made, I was able to make a spot to slide in an actual condom into the inside flap of the CD holder. This, I felt, pushed the contraception brand promotion even further. This can be seen in the second and third detail images on the left hand side of the picture below.

Anyways, I love how it turned out. Maybe I should pitch it to Lifestyles for some extra dough or maybe a years worth of free condoms. Giggity!


Here's a listing of the tracks. It's a nice mix of Punk, Hip-hop, Alternative, Classic Rock with hints of Techno, Pop and Funk.
  1. Sex and Violence - The Exploited 
  2. Sex And More - Atmosphere 
  3. Sex Bomb - Spinnerette 
  4. Sex Is Violent - Jane's Addiction 
  5. Hot Sex - A Tribe Called Quest 
  6. Sex Type Thing - Stone Temple Pilots 
  7. Prison Sex - Tool 
  8. Sex, Drogen Und Industrial - Combichrist 
  9. No Sex - Mad Caddies 
  10. Worked Up So Sexual - The Faint 
  11. Tired of Sex - Weezer 
  12. Sex Machine - James Brown
For shits and giggles, Here's the track listing of the photo soundtack for those that might be interested. I just love making and sharing themed playlists.
  1. I Turn My Camera On - Spoon 
  2. Polaroid - Shwayze 
  3. Pictures - Sneaky Sound System 
  4. Pictures - The Postal Service 
  5. Photograph - Weezer 
  6. Photograph - Shiny Toy Guns 
  7. Pictures to Prove It - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones 
  8. Kodachrome - Paul Simon 
  9. Picture Book - The Kinks 
  10. Photograph - The Verve Pipe 
  11. Girls On Film - Duran Duran 
  12. Take A Picture - Filter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels