Tuesday, October 12, 2010

EVIL EYE

First things first, I wear contacts. I have glasses too but rarely go outside with them on. Glasses get dirty, smudge, fog up, don't cover your whole range of view, can get broken, make it so you can't wear dope sunglasses and frankly they make me look kind of dorky. Yes, I am that vain.

Anyways, I went to finally get my vision tested so I could get new glasses and contacts. I was waiting until I got insurance so I wouldn't get punched in the wallet so hard. I hadn't thought about it but I haven't been fully tested since my nearly fatal head trauma two years ago last Sunday. I lost most of the vision in the center of my right eye (amongst other things) and never got it fully checked. The surgeons wanted to wait until most of my major surgeries were done.

So I got hooked up to all kinds of machines, layered in the eye, digital micro photographed… the works. It's took a few hours to jump through all the hoops. The outcome though shocked both the doc and myself. Though the damage is still there, my eye has actually gotten stronger to try and compensate and work around the black spot! My brain and eye muscles have kept strong and learned to deal and overcame it as best they could. So with all the tests they think I might be able to refine what I see out of the eye even more and not just have it be peripheral. Dopeness!

Just when I was thinking about switching to wearing a villainous eye patch all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels