Thursday, January 20, 2011

ROT: DEATH OF SUPERMAN ARM BAND

In my youth I collected lots of comics. X-Men (namely Wolverine), Spawn, Batman... these were my top heros. On the other side of the spectrum, one of my least favorites was Superman. Though probably the most powerful of them all, I just wasn't into him. For me he was just too damn goody goody. So when I first heard news that there was going to be a Death of Superman saga, I was first in line to get all the copies. One of the special editions of the full story came with this black armband. I have since lost the book and really, I could care less. But I recently found this little nerdy keepsake buried in my closet. What more fitting for Random Object Thursday than a random find like that!

1 comment:

  1. I was a kid in the fifties, and preferred cowboy comics to super hero comics. I did like the Superman TV show of the era. Superman was played by George Reeves, who committed suicide at age 45.

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels