Friday, July 1, 2011

RUN RABBIT RUN

Someone recently asked me what I think about while I'm running. That question requires a little bit more info to answer. Now be warned. What you are about to read is nerdy and a little embarrassing. But frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. Most people sit and watch MTV soap operas and pack on the pounds all while I'm out training for life or death situations. Plus, I want my ass to look good in jeans.

Just like when I create art, I always listen to music when I run. I typically use gritty techno or tunes with solid beats but I sometimes use epic scores or soundtracks. They make it seem all dramatic in my head when in fact I'm kicking my own ass. So when I'm working out, it's sort of like I'm in the "preparing for combat" montage in an action movie. Like when Rocky trains for the big fight or Schwarzenegger gears up and smears himself with mud in Predator. I sometimes imagine that I'm some kind of experimental genetic hybrid between the ancient Aztec warriors and the perfect German super soldier. Through my veins runs the last hope for humanity.

This is the point where you snicker.

Look, I know it's corny. But I'm still a little kid at heart and almost all little boys want to kick ass. Pretending that I'm building up to save the world keeps me focused. It also keeps my mind from worrying if I'm going to pass out or not. Even though I do believe that it's good for you and it's essential for a well rounded workout, I freaking hate running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels