Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I SEE A GREEN ROOM AND I WANT IT PAINTED WHITE

As some of you know or might have seen in a past post, my new house has a detached shop that I'm converting into a full studio. It has been no quick task. It wasn't messed up but if a photographer wants to be taken seriously and not considered a hack, you need a good looking studio.

So I cleaned it. Then my brother (who's been a major help) and I removed all the random objects, protruding nails and gutted all the shelving and the automatic garage door from the far end where I will be shooting. After that we filled holes, sanded and painted it all.

I'm happy to say that as of this past Sunday, the painting is done. I can now start moving gear in and decorating. Then it's photo project time! I wish I would have done before and after shots but oh well. I did get my brother to snag one shot of me painting the walls with my cell phone. It at least shows the odd green color that it was before... and my terrible farmers tan.


I'll be sure to snap and post photos once it's all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels