Friday, February 3, 2012

CLUSTERED WITH CRETINS

I am so tired of teachers sticking everyone in groups. I have an incredibly high track record of getting stuck with douche nozzles that drive me nuts and have terrible ideas. When I am not grouped with a dill hole, I get adhered to a lazy turd that causes everyone else to pick up the slack. I understand that we are ganged together to help us interact, network and meet new people. I also know that this flock mentality is meant to facilitate the growth of group cohesion and teamwork skills. Plus, we are supposed to be able to bounce ideas off one another in an attempt to find a truly stellar concept.

Unfortunately, great ideas and team ass kicking rarely happens. I usually get annoyed and do what I want to do anyways. If my hands are tied by the instructor or the collection of morons is just too powerful, then I do what I can to salvage the lousy idea. After a while, I would rather succumb then debate with retards. But I shouldn't have to! I am paying for my education after all. To put it bluntly with a touch of uncouth, I am better when I am not bothered by cretins.

Think about it. How many artists do you know run in a pack? I can hardly name any famous works created by a duo, let alone a big group. Large scale projects are always helmed by just one person. Artists by nature are generally loaners and in desperate need of attention. This is why their profession is to create spectacles of awe. They want to be the center of your artistically awakened universe. If you are an artist, just be honest. You secretly think that every other art freak is garbage and you are split 50/50 with loving and loathing those that are worth a damn.

I liken artists to super villains with their crazy outfits and eccentric personalities. Shadowed by a cloud of melancholy, they want their own schemes to annihilate your mind. Most of the time these ideas are foiled or fall short, yet they never give up. When these bastards amass, each will fight together to conquer the objective at hand. If given the chance though, each will turn on the others if their idea has a real chance of succeeding. The whole scene is very dog eat dog, just prettier.

Anyways, I do enjoy collaborating with like-minded freethinkers but those are in short supply. Hence why I tend to work alone. If I am forced (the keyword there being forced as in I have no choice) to work with a team of halfwits, I will fight to take the title of leader. Then if your ideas are not in semi-alignment with my own, to hell with you! I will set fire to your project and howl like the almighty Skeletor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels