Wednesday, February 22, 2012

CREEPY GRINS

My 3D Design class resides on the opposite end of the campus from my History of Western Music class. On the long walk there and back, I noticed quite a few different people smiling. Normally this isn't concerning, but something was off. They were sporting big teethy grins for no apparent reason. They weren't talking to anyone, they were all just walking alone. Let me be crystal clear as these weren't just little pleasant lip curls. These were massive cheek stretching grins that would make the Joker cringe.

As I studied these oddities from behind my mirrored shades, I noticed that their smiles were perpetual. When I would spot a grinner, I watched their mannerisms and facial gestures for as long as possible but the expression never changed. There were no indicators that something was causing these smiles either. There were no comedians swilling off jokes on the campus loud speakers. There wasn't a headset in their ear to receive witty banter from. They weren't looking at their phone and reading Chuck Norris jokes. The smile was just there, stamped on like a clown cattle brand.

I'm all for spreading love and I'm obviously an advocate for life, liberty and that whole pursuit of happiness bit. But what the hell is so amusing? Are they high on life? Did they snort some of the new and improved Joker brand products? Could they be infiltrator robots stuck on chipper? How do they keep their teeth from drying out? Maybe that's the issue. Their teeth have dried out which caused their lips to stick in that eternal stalker smirk.

What ever it was that made these freaks contort their face like that, it creeped me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels