Tuesday, February 7, 2012

PINK PRINCESS OF ASS KICKING

I have to do a little bragging about my awesome daughter Alexandria. This weekend she had her first karate tournament and she kicked a lot of ass. She got first place in strongest kick, first place in strongest punch and second place in the sparring tournament! I was so proud that I could have almost exploded. I would have been beaming had she been in a ballerina dance off or something but this is strait up butt whipping action. What more could a manly father ask for? Here she is right after she won her three medals.
But wait, there's more!

Together we have been watching the old X-Men: The Animated Series from back in the 90's. I still find it entertaining and Alex has really taken a shine to it. Who did she choose as her favorite character? None other than Wolverine, my favorite. I had zero influence on that too! She had no idea I even liked the X-Men or had a box full of his old comics from when I was her age. Again, my little black heart swelled with pride. So in honor of her martial arts mastery and her new appreciation for super powered mutants, I took her to the comic shop for the first time. She picked out her first comic novel, Wolverine and Jubilee. It was a cool find as her second favorite character just so happens to be Jubilee.
My daughter is not just a pink princess anymore but a pink princess that can knock your teeth out. It makes me grin just typing it. This was an awesome weekend indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels