Wednesday, December 8, 2010

ANEURYSM

Monday I found out my coworker/friends fiancé had an aneurysm this weekend. Thus she was out that day so she could be there for him. Yesterday, she called me at home before work to explain why she won't be in again. He's in ICU with pneumonia and strep with fluid in his lungs and not doing well. When he conquers all that he will now also need open heart surgery because of a new blockage in his heart.

She is the one of the nicest girls you could meet (I haven't met him yet but he seems like a good guy) and it just breaks my heart. To make the issue even more soul crushing, they are childhood friends and are engaged to be married in a few months. I think when he first got put on a breathing tube is when it really struck home for me. It brings back old feelings of helplessness. When she called me I could barely keep from bursting into tears. Even now as I write this it's welling up. I can picture her sitting there next to him holding his hand with tears streaming down her cheeks, just as my loved ones did when I was nearly killed in 2008. Stuck in a hospital bed, wires and tubes everywhere, delirious and delusional from nonstop pain and buckets of medications, so helpless and afraid. Your family begging and pleading for just a little more time. The thought of being snuffed out while the love of your life is left to live with sorrow and regret is just too much. No one deserves that and it makes my heart hurt.

I'm not pitying myself but more thinking where is their justice? If a rat bastard like myself was saved then he better pull through, damn it. Anyways, take a second after reading this and send good thoughts Jen and Steven's way. And when you get home hug the hell out of your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels