Friday, December 17, 2010

JEEZ-US AND A BRIDGE

So as you might have noticed I added some new artwork this week. I'll get to their story in just a moment. First let me plug the other updates I've done. I revamped this here blog so whether you see it here on lastdeviant.com or standing alone as lastdeviant.blogspot.com it will shine in all it's dopeness. I also updated Nicky and I's blog Sunday Photo Funday and I got my ass in gear and signed up for Twitter. Man, it's been a busy freaking week. But it felt really good to do some creating and updating so I reckon there will be more to come soon. Now let me get into the details behind the new pics.

The first is a pic of the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel shot from the beach below. Nicky and I were wandering around (like we always do) playing in the sand. I actually snapped that baby with my Argus C3. Yes, you read right, I used 35mm. I definitely won't be giving up digital but I do have to admit that it was fun to play with and I like how the shots turned out. I'm sure more film shots will sneak there way in here from time to time.

Then we get to the Jeez-us pic. I actually shot the images for this piece an eternity ago. My good buddy Matt, who posed as the creepy Jeez-us in question, has been bugging me to finish this for months upon months. But I made a promise before I left for Kansas that I would finish it in time for Christmas this year just for him. He and I shot it out behind the Chrysler Art Museum in Norfolk Virginia. We spent that whole day after wards, Matt in full costume, walking around turning heads left and right. Oh the fun we had because frankly my dear, we just don't give a damn.

That makes me miss three things. The beach, Matt and Krampus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels