Tuesday, May 3, 2011

2011 MOVIE EXCITEMENT

We have now begun the fifth month for this year. That being said, I figured it was high time I made a list of the movies dropping in 2011 that I'm the most stoked for. This way when we talk about flicks that we are both interested in, we can hold hands and jump up and down, squealing like little girls!

Keep in mind that there are plenty of other movies out there that didn't make this list that I will eventually watch. I probably just won't remember them until they're right in front of me. But these select few below I will seek out to watch either by theater, rental or other *cough* means. I'll start with the least to most bad ass . The lukewarm section I am half expecting to suck so my hopes aren't set too high. The hot category I should enjoy thoroughly but I'm leaving wiggle room for a little let down. The boiling area should be self explanatory... I can't flippin' wait!

Lukewarm Tea
  • Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
  • The first Robert Downey Jr. edition was quite entertaining and I love watching RDJ work his charm. He makes me blush. *tee hee*
  • Thor
  • I adore anything super power related. That's really the only reason this has even made the list. An olden day Norse warrior with shiny gods coping with the modern world? That could easily get cheesy.
  • Cowboys and Aliens
  • I'm a sucker for westerns with a twist. Plus, Jon Favreau did good work on the Iron Man's so I have faith he will make this fun and action packed. As far as the actors go, Daniel Craig is cool and it's nice to see Harrison Ford again.
  • X-Men: First Class
  • I loved the X-Men comics in my youth so I have to watch all their movies, for better or for worse. But from the crappy promotional Photoshopping that I have seen so far with the posters and promo work, this could be a turd.
  • Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
  • The trailer for this looked interesting. Guy Pierce is in my top 10 favorite male actors and this was written and produced by Guillermo del Toro who brought us awesomeness like Pan's Labyrinth. Plus it's a horror so that's enough for me anyways!
Hot Coffee
  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes
  • I grew up on the apes saga so I am hooked already. The trailer actually looks pretty decent too. Smart apes running amok!? Now that's scary... and entertaining!
  • Captain America
  • This could really sink or swim the same as Thor does but this has more pieces that are up my alley. Less than average Joe gets the chance to be a super soldier... rad. Nazis... rad. Possibly comedic Captain America... um, not so rad.
Boiling Lava Smoothie
  • Immortals
  • Gods and greeks, that story never gets old. It may seem like a hybrid of 300 and Clash of the Titans but even if it is, that's enough to sell me a ticket. The main bad guy is Mickey Rourke who I dig and the director is Tarsem Singh. He brought us The Cell and The Fall which were both extremely unique and visually amazing. His vision alone will make this worth seeing. Here's the current trailer:



P.s. None of these flicks hold a candle to the amount of excitement that I have for the coming Batman movie in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels