Friday, August 19, 2011

FISTICUFFS FRIDAY: OOMPA LOOMPAS VS MUNCHKINS

A weekly post put out in a timely fashion can be hard for me. I like being able to post whatever I want, when ever I want, rather then having to adhere to a strict time frame. Not to mention I forget things easily and I can be a little flighty on occasion. Thus, Random Object Thursday kind of disappeared if you hadn't noticed. But I like the concept of having something always there on specific days to show consistency. That being said, I will bring back ROT, just sporadically.

But ROT isn't why I'm writing this. When I was first brainstorming ROT, I also thought it would be cool to make Fisticuffs Friday and showcase an interesting battle between to random opponents. Yet again, I hate schedules and I don't have the time, patience, revenue or reader demand to put so much effort into this here blog. So I'll just make Fisticuffs Friday sporadic as well.

Now on with the fight!

As I was taking a poo at work the other day, I thought it would be awesome to have Oompa Loompas from Willy Wonka come out of the walls to tend to my bathroom needs. I don't have some midget fetish or desire to enslave all dwarfs, I just think it would be neat. But as cool as having short orange bathroom attendants might be, I thought their little songs might get annoying over time. Which lured my mind to another famous group of little people that annoyingly sang their faces off, The Munchkins from The Wizard of Oz. Then I began to imagine a full on war between the two tiny terrors. All of this while I sat upon a porcelain throne at work.

Yes, I'm odd. Now let's get to a side by side comparison of their stats.



Specs:Oompa LoompaMunchkinWinner
Appearance:Orange skinFlesh tone skinOompa
Hair:Curly green girl
Crazy Flock of Seagulls Style
Munchkin
Body:DwarfDwarfTie!
Outfit:White jump suit with striped socksWhite collared plaid suits with striped socksOompa
Weapons:Tools and odd candy gadgetsStandard societal objects including what looked like riflesMunchkin
Songs:Witty, snarky and educativeFull of glee but obsessed with guildsOompa
Personality:Hard working and regimentedSome bureaucratically inclined but most just frolicOompa
Society:Drones and workersDiverseMunchkin
Leader:Willy Wonka the insane candy manGlinda the good witchOompa
Tally:64Oompa!


Both parties are pretty well matched. The differences lie in their social aspects the most. But even though the Munkins have what looked like a militia in one of their parades, their guns must be ceremonial only. Flying monkeys are scary but guns would totally prevail. And so their militia is ruled out. They just seem far too nice and would be easy push overs. Oompas, on the other hand, are beefy little docker workers that are very regimented. Those traits would make them excellent soldiers and formidable combatants. Then when you factor in that their leader Wonka is certifiable, it's no comparison. Glinda was a wuss.

So after a very close battle and much to my delight, the Oompa Loompas prevail in one on one combat or full out open warfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels