Monday, August 15, 2011

WINE IS AWESOME

This weekend I took five bottles of assorted wines over to my brothers house for a six person dinner. I took mead, sweet elderberry, Californian Pinot Noir, chocolate wine and a bottle of alcohol removed for the Nicky. Adam brought a boxed wine and beer and we polished them all off save for one bottle of elderberry. Man I missed wine.

Vino hasn't touched my lips since my last outing with my best friend Jessica in Virginia. She was my premier wine drinking buddy and wine always makes me think of her and my other best friend Rick. He, on the other hand, was always down for some wine but didn't really care about where it came from or for the snooty aspect of it all. But that gave me an idea. This weekends fun and the longing to drink with my far away friends combined with my own do it yourself attitude made me decide that I want to try and make my own wine. I have quite a few well established vines in my new back yard so I figured why not give it a shot. So if it all turns our right, I can seal up a few bottles and send them to my homies for an over the phone toast... or something like that.

I want to do some test runs and perfect the process before I try it on my own grapes next season. So Sunday I bought a bunch of black grapes and sugar. This week sometime I'll snag the yeast and the basic equipment. I'll be sure to catalog all my findings and process every step of the way just in case any of you readers want to ever try it. So stay tuned for my wine adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels