Friday, June 10, 2011

INTO THE PIXEL

Back in February I wrote a blog about the Smithsonian's Art of the Pixel exhibit. Well today I discovered yet another example of how games are finally getting their dues. This exhibition is called Into the Pixel and shows that video game artwork is on par with fine art. Most of the chosen pieces are absolutely amazing. The show is on it's eighth year and from what I have seen on their site, it keeps getting better too. If you get a chance, take a look through all the galleries.

I've been saying how dope games are for years. Now people are really taking notice. Not to mention my generation of gamers is now starting to run things and this stuff is in our blood. Games are becoming more and more epic just like movies. More often than not, they're better. grandiose scores, twisting plots, stellar character development and of course, gorgeous artwork. Just look at how good their commercials are getting? You go play Shadow of the Colossus and not have your breath taken away at some point.

And I bet your parents used to curse your games too. See mom, games are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels