Monday, September 20, 2010

CREATIVE TUNES

Someone asked me recently what I listen to when I work on my art. That all depends on my location. If I'm shooting in the field, probably nothing. If I'm snapping away in the studio, something lively and that you can groove too like Pretty Lights, Goldfrapp or Daft Punk. When I'm working at my computer editing photos, working on an illustration or doing some other Mac magic, it can really vary depending on mood. Typically though I listen to the more post-rock style of music which is for the most part instrumental.

A few of the post-rock bands on my iTunes "zone out" playlist are Kwoon, Sigur Rós, Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Explosions in the Sky. A well played couple of staples on that playlist that wiggled their way in are BT's This Binary Universe and the score from The Fountain. Now all of these are eclectic, ambient and probably not something you would hear on mainstream radio but great to let your mind wander to.

I really love Kwoon. I ship all their cd's directly from the band themselves in France. It's a little costly but it's supports them which makes it worth while. This is from their first album Tales & Dreams.



Next up is the track I dig the most from This Binary Universe by BT. You might want to skip to about a minute and a half into the video as this song has to warm up a bit.



Finally is my personal favorite amidst the many great songs by Sigur Rós entitled Glósóli.



Oh and don't play all of these at once unless you want your head to explode... or you have robot ears.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah the boys from the Postal Service still make some good music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgklsnryrtU

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlNSB-5RkA

    autolux :)


    <3

    ReplyDelete

Featured Posts

Labels