Monday, April 11, 2011

MOVIE REVIEW: LIMITLESS

Short (Semi Spoiler Free) Verdict
Drugs that make you mentally superhuman? Awesome. It had decent acting, music and not too shabby of dialog but it was a little predictable. But still a fun movie none the less with a worthwhile ending.
Stars: ★★★★☆

Full Review
**SPOILER ALERT**

I think what I liked most about this movie is that he did just about everything I would done or at least contemplate.
  • Go buck wild
  • Slay the girlies (if single)
  • Make a gazillion dollars
  • Get famous
  • Protect your ass from enemies and haters (I would have used ninjas instead of bodyguards)
  • Have a back up in case the drug supply runs out
  • Mentally crush everyone in your way
He did miss a few things here and there though. For instance, he forgot to pay back the bulldog faced loan shark after he made millions. How would a "limitless" mind miss something that simple? I don't even like borrowing a movie from a friend for too long, let alone a fat grip of dough. But you have to make for an interesting movie so I can let it go.

Another bit I want to mention is the part where he drinks the loan sharks blood to get his fix. That was a little goofy but it's clever and creepy so it made me smile. Last comment, the final confrontation at the end between the main guy (Bradley Cooper) and Robert De Niro's character was a nice wrap up. I think I literally exclaimed "Oh snap!" out loud.

So essentially, here's how it would go if I got the same opportunity:
Pusher: I have a proposition.
ME: Hit me.
Pusher: It involves drugs.
ME: Ooo fun! Continue.
Pusher: You don't have to sell them, just take them.
ME: Now we're talking. How much and what happen?
Pusher: They're free because they're experimental. You will become a mental miracle but it might kill you.
ME: Shut up and gimmie. NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels