Monday, April 4, 2011

SITE REDESIGN

With a fresh front end splash page up and running, I felt like it was time again for a site overhaul. This time though, I took into account that not everyone is an outlandish oddball like yours truly. Plus, I don't want to go too overboard with gas masks, even if I do love the piss out of them. So I had been searching for a good image to use as a background pic that was a little more conservative yet still conveyed my off-color style. I wrestled with a billion ideas until my last road trip out to the sand dunes of Oklahoma. It was on the three hour drive there that we passed this old decrepit silo. I instantly knew what I wanted if for and how I wanted it to look. To me, it looked like some old portal to another world (kinda like Super Mario) that had been forgotten about and nature was reclaiming. With some tweaking in Photoshop I got it to feel eerie yet beautiful at the same time.

Other than the background, I kept the layout the same. I changed the About section to Info so I could expanded upon myself and give photo rates as well. If you also notice, I put in a section at the bottom of the Contact area that gives photo props to those awesome souls good enough to support my work and name. On that note, the offer still stands to anyone else willing to snap a pic of them next to something attributed to lastdeviant.

All in all, I totally dig the way it all came out. Let me know any and all of your thoughts, constructive criticisms and concepts. I'm always open to suggestion because without you, I'm just a fool with a camera and a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels