Monday, March 14, 2011

NICKY, DON'T EAT MY HEAD

So lately I've been thinking about the similarities between my lovely and awesome girl Nicky and a female praying mantis.
  • Slender body styles
  • Beady eyes
  • Pointy little lips
  • Piercing stare
  • Affinity for green... and evil
  • Intense predatory instinct
  • Capable of killing lesser men
  • Unique, beautiful and very interesting to watch but if you get to close they might bite

Another interesting and well known praying mantis fact? Though usually during the actual mating event, after conception the female mantis will devour their mate. This is done starting with the biting off of his head.

*gulp*

Um, I like my head. It rocks. I've knocked her up so now maybe I should start to be cautious. She has been looking at me with this "more evil than normal" gleam in her eyes. I'm not a weak man but maybe I should start thinking about wearing nibble resistant head gear to bed or something. I guess if I go without a post on here for more than month, call the cops... or pest control. Be sure to check Nicky's stomach for traces of my face.


p.s. Just kidding babe. Love you!

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if offing the father would be detrimental or not to the coming antichrist. It all really depends on the dark lords will I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to hear something odd? Way back in high school, the idea of drawing a praying mantis with a beautiful woman's head on it came to me in a dream...so, I have a couple of drawings featuring just such a creature. Odd thing is, it had nothing to do with misogyny or such...I happen to think that mantids are amazing and quite beautiful creatures, and I also happen to think that women are quite beautiful (certainly, more so than us disgusting men), so the combination of the two seemed like a good idea to me at the time.

    Of course, I'm fair sure I'm just slightly insane, so...

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels