Thursday, March 31, 2011

ROT: OLD BLACK CHUCKS

These Chuck Taylor's are about six years old and have walked me through countless good times and bad. Some people might look at them and use words like dirty, ripped or busted to describe them. I would use terms like venerable, comfortable and enduring. Held together by duct tape, my shoddy stitching and dirt, I think they make a punk road scholar statement. If you look closely, you can still see "fuck authority" that I wrote in sharpie on the side when I first got these back in college in Norfolk.

On that same college thought, these were actually one of the first conversation starters between Nicky and I. When I first cam strutting into class rockin' them fresh out of the box, she complimented me on them. Yup... chicks dig shoes.

Anyways, I love these shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels