Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SPLASH PAGE

Just posted a new splash page for the site. Let me explain a bit about project.

The Reasoning:
I really wanted to simplify where to go for merchandise, attire and prints while separating my artistic front. Fuse and showcase illustration and photography yet keep the page simple and bold.

The Image:
This took me a while to decide upon what would work. I knew I wanted to show something that represented the duality that resides in my art, myself and my site. In the case of my merchandise, I'm pushing the illustrations to the forefront so I needed to really showcase that. Yet as far as my other art and the gallery goes, I do a lot more photography and photo based concepts. So I had to work that in too. My fatmask pieces are both two of my top works in my eyes and they are the only pieces that I have released in both realms. I figured why not blend them! After many hours of finding the right mix of the two, I came up with what you see.

The Font:
It may seem like a point that doesn't need discussing but I love sites that emphasize the beauty of a good type and minimalism. I have even been tempted to have my site be designed around this concept. But that's not what my art is about so I decided I need to showcase my work first and foremost. So I did my best to combine both schools of thought.

So what do you think? There are a lot of naysayers that despise splash pages. But I think I hit the mark on a nonirritating design that's bold yet simple and of course interesting. Got ideas or constructive criticism? Shoot me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels