Tuesday, August 17, 2010

DRAMA ON THE HIGHWAY

This weekend I was taking my daughter home when my right front tire blew out. Now when I say blew out, I mean freaking obliterated. I would have changed the tire immediately but I had another blow out just last week so my spare was in use until I could buy a replacement with this paycheck. So I get on the shoulder and called my little bro to come to our rescue.

Richard quickly shows up and I throw the previously blown tire that was in the back of my truck into his car and drive off to find the closet tire joint. Unfortunately it's Sunday so all the used tire places are closed and I have to dish out a chunk of change for a brand new tire.

I race back and as I'm halfway through getting the blown tire off the truck, in the rain I might add, a cop pulls up. He struts down the shoulder and proceeds to bark at me to get off the highway. He snaps at me that I can get killed out here then orders me to call a tow truck or drive it on the rim down the highway to the nearest exit.

"Drive on the rim!? So... tear up my truck or call a tow. Basically spend more money or spend more money is what you're saying?" I say.

He aggressively replies "It's either that or die!"

"Don't you have road flares or something we can use?"

"No."

"But I have the flat down to one bolt and I'll be done in a flash. Plus your lights are on behind us for people to see and avoid." I say.

"Put it back on." He snaps.

I begrudgingly put the nuts back on whilst controlling me temper, lower the jack and I try to start the truck but the battery was dead. Though before I can do anything about it the cop calls a tow truck. Didn't ask, didn't see if I had insurance, even after I had made it apparent that I didn't want to drop more money on this incident. So instead of having my daughter wait with us for a tow truck on the highway I leave my brother with the cop and take her to her mother.

When I return though my brother tells me the cop was being a prick towards me saying all kinda of stuff including "He's got and attitude problem."

Which in turn my brother replied "Well his car is broken down on the highway in the rain."

"Well whatever… why do you care and why are you even here?"

"Uh… I'm his brother!? Richard counters.

Needless, asinine, hostility. And people ask me why I have authority issues and have no love for the police. I broke down on the highway... so sorry to challenge your authority like that! Please flex your badge!

Anyways, it was a poopie day. Now that I've bitched, I feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels