Monday, August 30, 2010

BIOSHOCK 3

It's no secret that I have a ginormous love for the Bioshock franchise and that both installments are in my top 10 games of all time. It's dark, creepy, well storied, has great characters and it's set in one of my favorite time frames, the 1960's. It has a soundtrack from the 30's, 40's and 50's that fits perfectly with the crumbling art deco styled environment. The thought of being trapped under so much crushing water in the murky depths is a frightening thought. But then you add in that the place is falling apart and that there are psychos running rampant with super powers? Genius!

Unfortunately, that appears to be gone. Bioshock 3 is set in the bright sky?! Doesn't sound too dismal and frightening to me. There is still that "trapped in the complex" feeling and stepping outside means almost certain doom. I still have my doubts though. Plus no big daddy or lil sister story?! Personally, that's what made it really strike home.

But you know I'll give it a shot. I haven't been let down so far so I can't just write it off yet. Check out the debut trailer.

1 comment:

  1. different, but i saw a gameplay clip on XBOX Live that made me just as excited about a new venue as the old

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels