Thursday, August 26, 2010

ROT: THE HOBBIT

Today's item for Random Object Thursday is something near and dear to my heart. It's J.R.R. Tolkien's classic, The Hobbit. Now don't write me off as one of those delusional geeks that larps out in the woods throwing tinfoil at people and calling it a lighting bolt just yet. I hold a spot in my heart for this book not just because it's a great fantasy adventure story but also because my dear old mum read it to me. Wait... that doesn't help my case much does it?

My mother used to read this book (and many others) to my brother and I as children. This novel above all others got read to us the most. Dragons, giant spiders, rings that make you invisible? It's a tale guaranteed to make any kid smile and have amazing visions. Now given, my mother is a hippie so she enjoyed it immensely too. So if it's nerdy to love this book then I'm a nerd damn it. I bet I can still kick your ass regardless.


P.S. Want to see an interesting movie about larping? Check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels