Saturday, August 14, 2010

I CAN'T WATCH WALL-E

I love the movie Wall-E. It's cute, original and super detailed. I really get a kick from it touching base on how humans are currently sucking. We are too lazy, overweight, fickle, have that mindless herd mentality, revel in conformity and mediocrity and consume too much junk. It shows how we are destroying our environment and that big business is going to eventually rule everything. But even with all that, it also shows we have the ability to change. I'm only writing about it because I watched it with my daughter and Nicky again. Thus I was reminded why I now avoid it.

My problem with this amazing cartoon is the love aspect. Wall-E loves Eve so much that it makes me all misty eyed. He's old, kind of broken down, simple and would do anything just to hold her hand. He gets mangled and beaten at every turn for her. Then when she finally comes around... oh lawd, I have to fight the water works. Every time I hear her desperately saying Wall-E's name, my bottom lip starts to quiver. For some reason this movie tugs the crap out of my heart strings. I spend parts of the movie looking away so I don't freaking cry. I'm a grown ass man for Pete's sake!

Anyways, it's a phenomenal flick but just don't ask me to watch it with you. *sniffle*

1 comment:

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels