Thursday, November 4, 2010

ROT: THE CHRONIC

First of all, let's get the fact that I still have a tape playing radio in my crap ass Blazer out of the way. Let me also acknowledge that I am very well aware that tape sucks. It can get warped, snagged, unspooled, melted, worn thin or of course eaten by a famished cassette deck. But I think the nostalgia of when tapes were the bomb is what keeps me holding on. That and the fact that my rolling money pit has a radio that doesn't pick up stations and only plays these archaic audio recordings. Now that we got that out of the way, on with today's Random Object Thursday!

I found this bad boy buried in milk crate in the back of a thrift store a couple weeks ago. As I was digging through the pile of discarded and forgotten compact cassettes, I honestly thought to myself "How awesome would it be to find some old school rap." Low and behold I noticed the unforgettable mean mug of Dr. Dre peeking out from behind some boring Christmas tunes. Excitedly I yanked that sucker out and there in my dirty little hands was The Chronic in all it's glory! Best part of it was the thrift store was only asking thirty eight freaking cents. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Labels