Thursday, November 11, 2010

ROT: DINOSAUR BY ALEX

This is a very special Random Object Thursday this week. It falls on a great day for the most beautiful girl on earth. This beautiful blue eyed little lady is my daughter Alexandria and it's her 7th birthday! In honor of my baby and her special day, I chose a random drawing from her collection. This is one she specifically drew so that I could hang it at work for everyone to admire. I brought it home for a day so I could shoot it on my fridge. But at work, all that pass by and notice get a boastful fathers story. Let me give you the short and skinny version.

We were both drawing one day and I asked if she could make me something special for me to display at my job. She was so excited by the fact that I could show her stuff off to others that she almost couldn't sit still. She really wanted it to be awesome so picking a concept was a little tough. I mean this was her first gallery hanging! We went back and forth thinking of ideas that she could draw since she was mentally drawing a blank. I spouted off tons of random ideas as I usually do and she settled on one, a dinosaur. Makes a fathers heart want to explode. The rain and blood running from it's face was a nice personalized touch indeed. There is definitely some of her pops in there!

1 comment:

  1. Great story, and a kick-ass dinosaur, indeed.

    I'm also rather amused by the incongruity of the raging dinosaur drawing being held to the fridge by a smiley face magnet...

    ReplyDelete

Featured Posts

Labels