Friday, February 18, 2011

ROBOCOP STATUE


Pay homage to war heroes, presidents, civil rights leaders? Detroit says no thanks. The want to erect something way more awesome, a statue of Robocop! Best idea ever. The people came together and raised dough to make it happen. How cool is that!? It better be bad ass though because Murphy is one of my fondest childhood icons.

That just makes me wish Kansas was known for something dope. Why couldn't Optimus Prime have crash landed here? Couldn't Wes Craven have made elm street in Wichita so we could have a Freddy Krueger piece? Piss on Gotham, why not make Batman defend Kansas City? I could care less about the Wizard of freaking Oz. Though I do have to admit, a fifty foot statue of the wicked witch of the west surrounded by a horde of flying monkeys would be pretty epic.

1 comment:

  1. Smallville is in Kansas, though IIRC, you're not a fan of Superman...

    Personally, I think it would be even cooler if Detroit provided its cops with fully-functional armor modeled on the Robocop design...I hear tell their cops could use all the protection they can get! And besides, nothing says "Don't F*CK with me!" like a steel-clad man wielding a giant hand cannon, even if the armor isn't powered...

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels