Monday, February 14, 2011

VALENTINES: HEART ATTACK

I don't have much to say today for Valentines. But I figured I should do something in honor of this mushy, cupid perforated, lovey-dovey, barf fest. So I will talk about my one illustration that involves a whole lotta heart, Heart Attack.

I created this a few years ago while going through some tumultuous love issues. I was inspired to do a three part series of illustrations involving love consuming heart monsters. This was the first and only that I made. I would like to one day finish the trilogy but for now this one has satisfied my love/hate needs. As for where it all spawned from, I always try to use as many real aspects in my illustrations as possible. This one was no different as I used a actual picture of a heart as the base model. The mouth was derived from a hybrid of a vampire bat and the monster from Aliens, which was no accident. The rest just fell into place from what I had originally sketched in my twisted little head. Die love die!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Featured Posts

Labels